So the other day I went to this event called, "
State of the Arts", because my friend, Wilson, strongly insisted that I go, even though he was not attending it himself due to "8 assignments" that needs to be done. But anyway, the event was awesome. I can't even describe how it was exactly like, you sorta just have to be there, y'know? To feel what the crowds feel and to see the amazing talent that Malaysia has. Seriously.
Ok, let's start from the beginning shall we? The event started at 2pm, but my buddy, Jason, was late in picking me up so we could go there together. Once we've reach there I met some of Jason's friend and then met up with my other buddy, Julian. The first part of the event were local Malaysian celebs giving a talk mostly about their career and tips on how to succeed down that path. And I gotta admit, some of them were very cool and amusing. We even had a famous Malaysian comedian whom I personally think is hilarious, I'm not kidding, the crowd and I laughed non-stop during his whole talk.
After each of the guest speakers finished their talks around 5pm we had a break. The next part of the event started at 8pm, which Julian and I definitely wanted to attend, but unfortunately Jason couldn't go, he had work to do. So Julian and I decided to go to the Pyramid mall in the meantime to grab something yummy to eat. And yummy indeed it was. We went to
Sakae restaurant, and the sushi there was dee-lious! I'm totally going back there next time. After we've eaten we still had loads of time till the next show, so we roamed around and talked about random things, and played random games. And then it was 7:30pm, so we started to head back to the event, but silly Julian kept missing the turns, and when we had to do u-turns, he missed those too. But we finally reached there at 8:05pm. And awesomely, we didn't miss much. We went into the crowded room and found seats, and I swear the room is twice as crowded than before. But anyway! We watched awesome people perform. They sung, they danced, they did magic tricks, street drumming, poetry, yoyo-dance-ish-tricks thing. Most of the time I was in awe. Oh, and I think I forgot to mention one thing; it was a competition. So there were prizes for those who performed, and also lucky draw for the crowds.
I must admit. The night crowd were way more alive and excited. The whole room were cheering for the performers loudly and non-stop. But there was this one performer, a 12 years old kid, and he did this amazing yoyo-dance-ish trick thing better than the other groups who did yoyo's performances. The whole crowd was in a uproar when this kid perform. And obviously, this kid won first place. He's too amazing not to be first place. Anyway, the event ended at 10pm and Julian dropped me off home. That was it for the night.
Time for pictures? Oh, but sadly most of the pictures I've taken ended up being blurred due to the fact my camera can't handle low lighting. But I shall upload some that may be slightly blurry anyway.
The hosts for the first part of the event, and one of the guest speakers, Paul Moss.
Guest speaker, Daphne Iking, she was very amusing.
This was suppose to be a picture of the comedian but sadly I couldn't catch a picture of him. But on a side-note, don't you just find this photo a lil' creepy? It's so red, lol.
My buddy, Julian, and I at the sushi restaurant.
Loved the interior of the place!
I ordered this yummy dish, thanks to Caseykins, it's now a fav Jap dish of mine. I also ordered two other dishes but forgot to take them. This dish was the center of attention amongst my other dishes, lol!
We watched the ice skaters while we were roaming around.
A photo with Julian!
Dennis Lao performing. He was amazing!
Oh! And I also forgot to mention there was also this lil' fashion show.
The designs were indeed wacky yet interesting.
The models on screen.
The crowd.
Well, that's all for now. Till next time =).
B.21