I was reminded in today's church service. And I'm thankful that I was reminded.
I was reminded of what the word '
thanksgiving' meant.
According to
Dictionary.com, it means...
"thanks•giv•ing"
-noun.
1. the act of giving thanks; grateful acknowledgment of benefits or favors, esp. to God.
2. an expression of thanks, esp. to God.
3. a public celebration in acknowledgment of divine favor or kindness.
4. a day set apart for giving thanks to God.
But according to the Bible, it means...
"For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer."
1 Timothy 4:4-5 NIV
The sermon talked about how the brothers and sisters, and non-members, of the church, thank people and yet after thanking them, they criticise and complain about what they thanked for from the giver/provider, like saying 'this/it
could be better' or 'I
guess this/it will do'. However, this concept doesn't focus only towards people, but on what life brings as well. Of course, I myself complain and grumble and whinge and whine and moan about such unpleasant and unlikeable things, but at the end of the day, I thank God anyway.
Also, I know, and from the sermon, that in some countries, they celebrate Thanksgiving once a year. Of course, thanking once is better than never right? But if you ask me, we should all thank God and people and the things we have in our life every day; every morning and every night; every second of every minute of every day of every week of every month of every year, y'know? :)
Do know that in this post, I ain't blaming anyone for complaining and not being thankful, I just want to remind my readers (i.e. you, yes you! :D) about how important it is to be thankful, even when things seem like they are falling apart and even when you feel like you're on cloud nine. If you can't find anything to be thankful about, just look around you: you have a computer/laptop, since you can access our, Britt and I, blog and go online, and electricity that ables you to spend time on the computer. I'm sure you can come up with many things to be thankful for. If you can't, just click on the hearts below:
hope these links helped!
Good night★
P.S.
Be Thankful! :)
29.