hiiiii everyone :D
a lot has happened and I have many photos to show yous :)
from the beginning of this week, 6th July, was the start of
Activities Week. guess what I chose? the one and only passion of mine:
photography! oh! and also, Ruby also took photography:) activities week only last for 4 days (6th - 9th July) since the 5th day is the last day of school (meaning: last day of Year 12 for me!).
In a day, the activity goes like this:
1. Once we've taken our temperature (due to the h1n1 outbreak) & registered, we hop into the bus to head to the assigned location.
2. Once we arrive, in an hour+, we take as manymanymany photos as possible.
3. We then head back to school, go to room T7 to editeditedit the photos.
4. Choose our 3 best photos.
5. For about an hour, have lunch!
6. Learn new skills on photo-manipulation (e.g. editing).
soooo, without further ado, the 1st day's location was the
Empire Hotel.
this is my 3 best photos:

the 2nd day was at the
Mosque @ Kiarong, but I didn't get to go because I had a dental appointment in the morning and in that morning... I got my braces. poooooooooo :(
after my appointment, I headed to school and asked Ms. Straud, one of the teachers in charge of this activity, on what to do since I have no photos to edit. She advised me to take some in school and so I did.
This is my best 3:

the 3rd day was at
Kampong Ayer ("Ei-Yerrr") *winks at Ruby ;)* and here are my three:

and LOL, today was reaaaaaaally fun 'cause (1) we took photos using Ruby's laptop's webcam, the backgrounds/borders were so cute and hilarious! xD (2) Ruby and I were messing about with photoshop and hahaha, this was the outcome.
6
6
6


and right now I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally can't wait to get my own
Nikon SLR and camera equipment such as my own tripod, spare battery clip-on, lenses etc. But it's gonna cost a bomb to get all these... and I also agree with Mr. Kyle, the other teacher in charge, that photography is an expensive hobby since the camera kit is $thousands: the camera's (D5000) about $1000+, 3-4 lenses would be $3000+, imagine that amount plus tripod + speedlight (flash) + charger etc.~ even i'm ashen-faced. 0_0
but after a long day, it was worth it :)
fyi, tomorrow's location is at
Jerudong Beach's Fishyy Market! can't wait! teehee! :D
29.
Labels: 29