My first ever poem was born after the minute I woke up on the 7th of June, 2009.After I woke up, I was thinking about things and then suddenly this line popped into my head, "I met a girl, and she told me about a guy." The thought continued "After the conversation, I couldn't help thinking why" Then I was like, "HEY! I better write this down!" XD but anyhoos, I hope you enjoy this poem of mine as much as I enjoyed writing it. :)
teenage "love"
I met a girl, and she told me about a guy.
After the conversation, I couldn't help thinking why;
Why is she wasting her time when he's clearly not the one?
Why does she hold on to him when she knows he'll be gone?
I told her, what everyone would have said,
"...he only just wants you with him in bed."
I didn't mean to be rude, but it was the truth.
In denial, she yelled, "where's your proof?!"
She stormed off, leaving me behind, before I could say,
I was exactly in her shoes last year, on this very day.
Weeks after, she didn't talk to me, and days went by,
on the way to class one day, at the corner, I saw her cry.
I rushed towards her and sat by her side,
"Tell me what happened! To me, you can confide."
She told me what she saw, after school, by herself,
her so called "boyfriend" was with somebody else.
She didn't want to believe it, it was too good to be true,
"He said it was okay to wait till marriage and said I was his boo..."
"...but now I know! All he wanted was my body, not my heart!"
Hugging her, I consoled, "This isn't the end, it's only the start."
Sally apologised again and again, she knew how I felt,
she said she was stubborn, and didn't know I was trying to help.
I wiped her tears and told her it was really okay,
Everyone needs someone, a friend, to help and guide their way.
Months and months passed, I called my best friend,
"Sally, I don't know how to say this, but I think I found the one!"
© caseY
07/06/09 @ 10:15am
29.
Labels: 29